Social isolation due to a global pandemic sets up ideal conditions for substance abuse. After I posted Living with COVID-19 and Working From Home, a few people from different treatment centers asked me to share links about their services.
I’m happy to share these links, even if I am neither qualified or competent to endorse them, because I lived with substance abuse for a long time. Alcohol addiction killed my stepdad in October, 1983. It turned my mom’s brain to mush and killed her in 2007.
If you or somebody you know has a mental health or substance abuse problem, get help. Choose to live.
A Few Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
Alicia Rivero, a Community Relations Specialist at Free by the Sea asked me to post this link to resources and treatments available for someone struggling with substance abuse and how they can find long-term solutions.
Dominique Legget asked me to post this link to Makana Path, “a one-of-a-kind medical detox and intensive healing program. We treat the underlying causes of self-defeating patterns that prevent us from living the joyful, abundant lives we deserve, completely pivoting a client’s life trajectory.”
Natalie O’hare asked me to post these:
- Recovery services for teens: Learn how teens, young adults, and addiction tie together, and how you can help your child if they’re struggling.
- Rock Recovery Center: Clean and sober can be a fun and amazing adventure. At Rock Recovery Center, we offer a unique and effective approach to drug and alcohol treatment, combined with adventure-based activities.
- Addiction Intervention: Does your family argue about the best way to help an addicted loved one? Or, does everyone place blame on someone else, just waiting for a loved one to seek help on their own? If so, it’s time to consider staging an intervention. Drug and alcohol interventions aren’t as scary as they seem – they are about changing the way family members think and react while urging those struggling with addiction to seek professional help.
- Grace Land Recovery: Grace Land Recovery Center is a dual diagnosis treatment center located in near Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help individuals achieve sobriety by getting to the root of their addiction issues. Our holistic approach treats the minds, bodies, and souls of our patients. And our clinical groups teach life skills, including nutrition, emotion regulation, spirituality, and even HIV education.
- North Jersey Recovery: At North Jersey Recovery Center, we recognize and treat addiction as a three-fold disease that manifests in physical, spiritual, and mental ways. By addressing each dimension of addiction, our programs are tailored to treat the unique needs of each client. By offering multiple levels of care, we can provide help to everyone – including individuals with professional or educational commitments.
- Intrepid Recovery: Addiction is a disease that doesn’t discriminate; anyone can become addicted. No matter what age, religion, ethnicity, or race you are, addiction can cause many life-threatening issues and problems. Addiction continues to impact people across the nation, even in South Florida. However, with the help of treatment centers in South Florida, you or a loved one can overcome addiction in the end.
- Coastal Detox: Coastal Detox is a free-standing state-licensed medical detox center that is dedicated to helping people who struggle with drug addiction, alcoholism, and co-occurring disorders. We offer the latest in medical addiction treatment combined with diverse holistic care and clinical therapy to provide comprehensive drug and alcohol detox services that treat the whole person.
- Harmony Place: We commit to using the most effective evidence-based approaches, maximized individual therapy sessions, and an environment that promotes healing and wellness.
- The Discovery Institute: Provide the highest quality clinical care through evidence-based treatment practices and innovative supportive strategies to improve and heal the lives of individuals suffering from substance use disorder. It’s our goal to lessen the adverse impact on families and society as a whole by providing a range of cutting-edge treatment modalities and individualized treatment plans for all of our clients and their families.
- Little Creek Recovery: When people suffer from addiction, it affects them and everyone close to them. Because of this fact, addiction can tear families apart. Although men may not always be as vulnerable when it comes to discussing their issues with addiction as women, it’s just as important for them to learn how to overcome their addictions through addiction treatment. This is especially true if these men have families in which they function as the head of the household.
- Granite Mountain Behavioral Healthcare: At Granite Mountain Behavioral Healthcare, our addiction treatment program offers multiple tracks that strive to accommodate the needs of each individual client. These tracks include 30, 60, and 90-day programs. We use specific protocols for drug and alcohol addiction, co-occurring disorders, and more. All tracks engage the client in a transformative process based on the principles of a successful recovery and are grounded in evidence-based practices of substance use disorder
- Sana Lake Recovery Center: At Sana Lake Recovery, our center provides addiction and mental health treatment in Missouri with a more personal focus on what you need for successful, lasting recovery when you need it. With credentialed, empathetic staff in a world-class treatment setting, you’ll be guided toward long-term recovery in a way that makes the most sense for your unique needs. Once you find your footing in solid recovery, we’ll be here with ongoing, continued support for your wellness.
- Inner Bonding: a 6-step spiritually based therapeutic modality that heals shame, and the resulting self-abandonment, which is often the root cause of anxiety, stress, depression, low self-worth, addictions and relationship problems. INNER BONDING creates profound connections with Self, Spirit, and others that heals emptiness and aloneness, unleashing creativity, imagination, passion and purpose, love and joy!
- Live Free Recovery: The mission of Live Free Recovery Services and structured sober living Homes in NH is to help men and women recover from chronic drug and alcohol addiction. We do this through the multiple pathways to recovery, the 12- steps, and a Medicated Assisted Treatment philosophy.
- Addiction Rehab Centers: A private residential rehabilitation centers for drug addiction & alcohol abuse for men, women. We treat you or your loved one with alcohol addiction treatment, drug recovery program in Indianapolis, Indiana
Ashley Johnson asked me to post these substance abuse and mental health links.
- Free By The SEA: Substance addiction in Washington has plagued the state and has continued to rapidly increase within its borders each year since the 1990s. Here at Free by the Sea, we recognize the severity of the situation that is happening and hope to help our current and future rehab patients regain control of their lives again.
- Phoenix Rising Recovery: Phoenix Rising Recovery is an addiction treatment facility in Palm Desert, California that’s dedicated to helping clients rise above their past trauma and addictions into happier, healthier lives. Our team understands the effort and commitment necessary to begin recovery.
- Kingsway Recovery: At Kingsway Recovery’s substance abuse mental health treatment center, we provide a broad range of clinically intensive treatment services in a safe, structured, and caring environment.
- Florida Recovery Center: Florida Center for Recovery (FCR), a leading addiction treatment center in the US, provides supervised medical detox and rehab programs to treat alcoholism, drug addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Montare Behavioral Health: Montare Behavioral Health provides comprehensive, sophisticated mental health treatment throughout Southern California. We specialize in treating disorders such as depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, personality disorders, schizoaffective disorder, and bipolar disorder.
- New Direction For Women: We serve women of all ages with a history of trauma and multiple treatment episodes. We are one of a few organizations in the nation who treat women, pregnant women and women with children.
- Lido Wellness Center: Lido Wellness Center is one of the premier outpatient mental health facilities located in Newport Beach, California.
- Miracles Recovery Center: Finding your path in recovery from addiction can be daunting. Miracles Recovery Center is a drug and alcohol treatment facility providing Partial Hospital Program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) levels of care in Port St Lucie, FL. Our dynamic team offers an integrated approach using a variety of therapeutic modalities for addiction treatment.
- Nashville Detox Center: We understand that seeking help for alcohol and drug detox can be overwhelming and intimidating. Your comfort and safety throughout this process is our priority, and even though we are a medical detox program, you will be cared for in a home-like setting with your own spacious room.
- BRC Healthcare: BRC Healthcare owns and operates specialty behavioral health and addiction treatment facilities, programs, and services that encompass the complete continuum and all levels of care.
- Wildman Steve Brill: I teach adults and kids about the many common, overlooked, renewable wild edible and medicinal plants and mushrooms that people often destroy as “weeds.”
- TraceyMaxfield: Tracey Maxfield is a retired nurse with over 36 years of experience in gerontology, mental health, and dementia care. She has written multiple articles on dementia care, medical research, and mental illness/bullying in teenagers.
- The Web Opera: A new musical film based on true events, an official selection at 30 film festivals praised for its high voltage music, presented to raise awareness and support all who work against cyberbullying and cyber abuse.
- Northern Illinois Recovery Center: We at Northern Illinois rehab center offering multiple levels of treatment programs that are accessible and affordable.
- Etactics: Impact of Mental Health on Children — Must-Know Statistics.
- LTC News: Substance Abuse Problems with Senior Caregivers
- The Trauma and Mental Health Report: Drug Abuse and the Creative Process
- Inner Bonding – The Power to Heal Yourself: Dr. Erika Chopich and Dr. Margaret Paul
- Design for Recovery – Sober Living and Mentoring Program: Offering two Los Angeles locations to help young men struggling with substance abuse develop a strong foundation for long-term sobriety.